Easter Treat: Deviled Egg Chicks (sooo cute!)
These are sooo cute…there are lots of recipes out there. We were going to make them ourselves but – argh! -where does the time go?? So, with thanks to Rachael Ray…
- 1 dozen large organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 clove garlic, pasted or grated
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish, such as Heinz
- About 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard, yellow or Dijon
- 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Thinly sliced red chili pepper for garnish
- 24 capers, for garnish
1. Place eggs in a pot, cover with water and bring to a full boil. Turn off heat, cover pot and let stand 10 minutes. Drain water and crack eggs by shaking pot. Run eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle.
2. Peel eggs and trim tops. Remove yolks to present eggs upright. You should have 12 upright eggs.
3. To the hard-boiled egg yolks, add grated onion, grating directly over bowl to catch the onion juice, garlic, relish, Worcestershire, mustard, hot sauce, salt, pepper, paprika, mayo a few tablespoons to start mash to very smooth, adding a bit more mayo if too dry.
4. Cut a corner off a plastic bag and fill with the deviled filling. Pipe into egg whites and garnish with a thinly sliced red chili pepper for the beak and 2 capers per egg for the eyes. Top with trimmed egg top.
You can see Rach making them on YouTube here. Cuuutttte!
For more recipes from Rachael Ray go to her website here.
Happy Easter everyone 🙂
Chat: Sunniva Holt The Daily RawOctober 22nd, 2015
The Food You Might Want To FlickOctober 7th, 2015
Apple Cinnamon Detox WaterSeptember 23rd, 2015
12 Amazing Benefits of Baby SpinachAugust 12th, 2015
Delicious Warming Drinks For Skin & Body!July 29th, 2015