Braid, Bun, Bangs
Isn’t this just the cutest hairstyle? Braid, bun and bangs. And the great thing is, it’s super easy to do. We found it on The Beauty Department, and we just to share it. If you love beauty check out the site. It’s run by Lauren Conrad, Kristin Ess and Amy Nadine and is well worth a visit.
Girls with bangs (aka: fringe) seem to have some trouble finding updos.
Here’s one that I (Kristin) think is super cute and pretty easy to do. It takes about 5-10 minutes and keeps your hair out of your way all day. It’s a great way to deal with second day hair if you just don’t feel like doing it in the morning but have to look prim and proper for work. Here’s how this bun is done…
1. Start with dry hair. It doesn’t have to be perfectly clean– in fact second day hair does better than clean hair when it comes to this look. If your hair is on day two, spray a little dry shampoo like Tresemme Fresh Start or Redken Powder Refresh at the roots before you start.
2. Use a thick rubber band such as QVS large fatties or something similar to gather all of your hair on the top of your head. Don’t worry about it being perfect, just make sure it won’t move.
3. Take about quarter of the whole ponytail (as you see Kamille doing in photo 3) and drop it off to the side. Note: try taking this piece from the side, not all the way from the back– that way the best/thickest part of the braid will show up in the front.
4. Leave the quarter section out and create a regular ballerina bun on top using the other 3/4 of the ponytail. If you don’t know how to do a ballerina bun, Click here for our video.
5. Once you’ve secured the bun, take the quarter section you left out and braid it. Fishtail, regular braid, whatever kind you want. Tie that off with a small clear elastic.
6. Secure the braid using small bobbypins. I like to put a bobby pin in every inch and a half to make sure it really stays put.
Voila! Isn’t that fab!
photos, graphic design + post by Kristin Ess
The Elizabeth Arden BoutiqueDecember 4th, 2015
Glow With Jane (WIN!)December 3rd, 2015
Meet The Rolls Royce of Foundation!November 30th, 2015
Win Lip Crayons From Jane IredaleOctober 29th, 2015
3 x All-Natural Skin Lovers To TryOctober 15th, 2015