Apple Cinnamon Detox Water
Detox waters are all the rage at the moment, and the great thing about them is they’re not only fabulous for your health and hydration, they can also help with weight loss as well as flushing toxins, AND they’re easy peasy.We all like a bit of easy peasy right?
The most popular detox water of all is lemon water, which is a staple for starting the day. You can read 14 reasons why here.
Personally I think lemon water’s a taste sensation too, especially when you can pick lemons right off the tree (like you can right now). Do you love lemon water?
Anyway I thought I’d try something a bit different today. Often-times I will add a cinnamon stick and/or cayenne pepper to my lemon water as it helps with weight loss and I have put on waaaay too much lately.
So here’s the recipe such as it is!
- 1 apple (I used a Granny Smith, but you can use whatever you like).
- 2 cinnamon sticks (well you’ll see three in my pix but you don’t need many that was for aesthetic purposes :-))
- A squeeze of lemon juice (to stop the apple browning)
- Thinly slice the apples
- Add with the cinnamon sticks to a jug of spring water half filled with ice cubes (if desired)
- It’s best if left to steep for a couple of hours
That’s all folks. I told you it was easy peasy.
So refreshing too and zero calories! Cheers.
#wellnesswednesday #detoxwaters #appleandcinnamonwater
Apple Cinnamon Detox WaterSeptember 23rd, 2015
Currently Obsessing Over My Darling Lemon ThymeJune 30th, 2015
#NomNom Burrito BasketsApril 26th, 2015
Easter Treat: Deviled Egg Chicks (sooo cute!)April 3rd, 2015
Cheesecake-Filled Easter Egg CupsApril 2nd, 2015